Eve Batey is the editor and publisher of the San Francisco Appeal, the city's online newspaper. She's also an exceptionally engaging and interesting woman, and I was thrilled when she agreed to sit down with me for Became Today.
Although I promised Eve I just wanted to conduct a brief interview, we ended up talking for an hour about work, life, and the city-- we only stopped when we literally ran out of tape!
I've whittled our interview down to its best bits, which are split between two different 10 minute videos: On Work and On Life.
On Work highlights:
- Her journey from working as an orthodontic chairside in Indiana to becoming one of San Francisco's most influential media figures
- The worst career advice Eve's ever received
- Which San Franciscans are the best to follow on Twitter
- The city's best spot for coffee, cinnamon toast(!), and surfer-watching
- Eve's New Year's resolution
- Her favorite way to spend a Saturday