I had *so* much fun talking with Adrienne Wiley last weekend, and I'm really excited to share these videos with you. Adrienne is the co-owner of Covet Boutique, a lovely shop in the Inner Richmond that sells locally handcrafted jewelry and other accessories.
Adrienne and her business partner Liza Anongchanya took a leap by opening their shop in June 2009, with the recession in full bloom. But their gamble has paid off, and then some-- Adrienne and Liza are set to open a second Covet location in Hayes Valley this month!
I've divided our interview into two ~5 minute long videos: On Covet Boutique and On Life.
Highlights from video one:
- What it's like to turn a friendship into a business partnership
- Adrienne's path from selling jewelry out of her cubicle to owning two stores
- Covet's unique pricing philosophy
- How Adrienne "worked up the courage" (or didn't!) to leave her corporate job
- How she learned the ropes in a surprisingly unfriendly industry
- Her advice to other would-be creative entrepreneurs